What will I learn on an antenatal mindfulness course with Eliza?
- Formal and informal mindfulness practices
- How to cope with fear and other strong emotions
- The physiology of labour and birth
- How to manage pain (including multiple pain practices with ice)
- Mindful movement for pregnancy, labour and birth
- Positions for labour and birth
- Partner support skills for pregnancy, labour and birth
- The physical, social and emotional needs of a newborn and his/her parents
- How to use mindfulness to support breast and bottle feeding
- More about yourself, your partner and the parents you want to be
- Vital parenting skills, especially kindness and compassion
What are the benefits of practising mindfulness for pregnancy, birthing and parenting?
- Increased resilience to the physical and mental stresses and strains of pregnancy, birthing and parenting
- Improved health and wellbeing
- Reduced risk of perinatal anxiety and depression
- Improved connection with yourself, your baby and your partner
- Enhanced confidence with regards to parenting
- Birthing and feeding education
- Being part of a community of people facing the same joys and challenges of expecting a baby, giving birth and parenting
- See James’s testimonial video to hear about his experience of mindfulness for pregnancy, birthing and parenting.
I run group antenatal mindfulness courses throughout the year both live and online. Most courses consist of 8 sessions plus a reunion session once your baby has been born. Prices vary depending on your ability to pay. Your partner (or birth companion) will benefit from a discount if he or she joins you. If you'd like to work with me privately as an individual or couple, please call me on 07780 991834 or contact me for further details.
Upcoming courses and events: