What will I learn on an antenatal mindfulness course with Eliza?
- Formal and informal mindfulness practices
- How to cope with fear and other strong emotions
- The physiology of labour and birth
- How to manage pain (including multiple pain practices with ice)
- Mindful movement for pregnancy, labour and birth
- Positions for labour and birth
- Partner support skills for pregnancy, labour and birth
- The physical, social and emotional needs of a newborn and his/her parents
- How to use mindfulness to support breast and bottle feeding
- More about yourself, your partner and the parents you want to be
- Vital parenting skills, especially kindness and compassion
What are the benefits of practising mindfulness for pregnancy, birthing and parenting?
- Increased resilience to the physical and mental stresses and strains of pregnancy, birthing and parenting
- Improved health and wellbeing
- Reduced risk of perinatal anxiety and depression
- Improved connection with yourself, your baby and your partner
- Enhanced confidence with regards to parenting
- Birthing and feeding education
- Being part of a community of people facing the same joys and challenges of expecting a baby, giving birth and parenting
- See James’s testimonial video to hear about his experience of mindfulness for pregnancy, birthing and parenting.
I run group antenatal mindfulness courses throughout the year in and around Oxford. Most courses consist of 8 sessions plus a reunion session once your baby has been born. Prices vary depending on course location. Your partner (or birth companion) will benefit from a generous discount if he or she comes with you. If you'd like to work with me privately as an individual or couple, please call me on 07780 991 834 for a chat or contact me for further details .
Upcoming courses and events: