Traumatic Birth Recovery
If you’ve had a traumatic pregnancy or birth experience, you’ll know how debilitating symptoms of trauma can be. You may be reliving aspects of your experience, feeling on edge or trying to avoid feelings and memories altogether. You may be putting off having another baby or you may be pregnant again and only now realising how affected you were by your previous experience.
I'm training to treat pregnancy and birth trauma using Traumatic Birth Recovery 3 Step Rewind. TBR 3 Step Rewind is a gentle treatment that alleviates symptoms of trauma in two to three sessions. Via deep relaxation, guided memorisation and imagination, you process your traumatic memory so that it becomes a memory much like any other. In other words, you neutralise the intense emotional response that is characteristic of a traumatic memory.
While some mindfulness practices can be helpful when you're suffering from symptoms of trauma, other practices can fuel symptoms and make your situation worse. If you're suffering, please seek trauma treatment before embarking on a mindfulness practice or continuing with an established practice. I'm always happy to chat about what would suit you best.
What does TBR 3 Step Rewind involve?
- Sharing your story, IF you’d like to share it, and articulating the way you’d like to think, feel and behave if the symptoms of trauma were lifted
- Deep relaxation and the invitation to remember your traumatic experience in such a way that you remain feeling safe and secure
- Imagining your future – imagining thinking, feeling and behaving as if the symptoms of trauma had been lifted
The benefits of TBR 3 Step Rewind
- This therapy is brief; it can be accomplished in two to three sessions over the course of two to three weeks
- The majority of people report a significant diminishing or disappearance of symptoms
- There’s no need to share your experience if you don’t want to
- Whether your traumatic experience was months or years ago, the treatment is equally effective